The fabulous OlenaRosanne nominated me. Y’all. She’s awesome and I’m humbled to receive this award from her. If you aren’t subscribed to her already, go do that and come back. I’ll wait. You can find her at olenarosanne.com. She blogs, vlogs, tweets, and ‘grams about natural hair & beauty, and she still finds time to show support for others.
Thank you, Queen!
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Tag 11 people who have under 200 Twitter followers *adding Facebook followers / Email subscribers.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Recognize who tagged you.
Q1. How did you come up with the name of your blog? I brainstormed it out, really. I asked myself what my natural hair blog would be about and I said “life, levity, and…” the pursuit of nappiness was taken. Ha! So the Pursuit of Natural was born. Being natural has come to encompass a lot more to me than just hair, and my pursuit has grown deeper and wider, as I become the person I need to be to achieve the things I need to do.
Q2. What is your favorite color? Red
Q3. What advice would you give new bloggers? Don’t limit yourself. Stay open and flexible–this includes finding ways to take a break from the blogging grind. Be willing to learn from others and try new things. Most importantly, find ways to show support for others in your blogosphere.
Q4. Do you have any children? Nope.
Q5. What was your favorite subject in school? Reading and writing
Q6. Do you currently play or have you ever played any instruments? I play the piano.
Q7. What are your hobbies outside of your blog? Programming, composing music, drawing.
Q8. Why did you decide to blog? Introvert here, too! I thought blogging would be a good opportunity to push myself when it comes to engaging other people, expressing myself, being disciplined about my interests, and sharing my ideas. It also helped break some of the negative cycles of my depression.
Q9. What is your drink of choice? Girl, choice would be a luxury the way my diet is set up! When it’s not water, it’s mostly green tea infused with some fruit for extra flavor, and the occasional glass of orange juice.
Q10. What fruit flavor do you gravitate towards when choosing something to eat or drink? Gotta be apple–pies, jam, candy, apple dapple, apple crisp, apple apples. Alas, I can’t have most of those anymore.
Q11. What nationality do you identify as? African-American
- Does your blog have a message, and if so what is it?
- If you could describe your relationship to your blog in one word, what would it be?
- Can you share your other social media handles and how you feel about doing self-promotion, if you do any, in these other places?
- What is your favorite way to de-stress and relax?
- What are some of your sources of creative inspiration?
- Big or small, can you share one thing you’ve accomplished recently that you are proud of?
- If you could have an all expenses paid vacation anywhere, where would you go?
- Are you multilingual, and if not what language would you like to speak?
- What’s something you used to do for fun and don’t anymore, but would like to get back to ?
- What’s your favorite time of the year?
- And because this is an important question OlenaRosanne asked, I’ll pass it on: What advice would you give new bloggers?