I’ve been tagged! *runs around in circles freaking out* Shout out to Yeka over at MyYeka for creating the tag and for nominating me. Thank you, lady! Y’all check out her site.
It goes for all hair types… From straight to the coiliest, kinkiest strands.
- Put the logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Mention the creator of the Hair Tag and link their blog.
- Answer the Hair Tag Questions plus the additional question asked by your nominee
- You have to nominate 5-10 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 2 questions of your choice.
- Post your picture on Instagram and Tag @De_naturelle for a repost or use the hash tag #denaturelle .
- Reblog their Response (optional)
1. Tell us a little about you? What do you do with your spare time? I blog, I draw, I create music, I code, I read, I write, I am quite apparently an indoors person.
2. Are you a natural? How do you feel about your hair? I’m natural and I love it.
3. How long have you been natural? I’ve been natural nearly five years
4. Why did you go natural? My relaxed hair was a broken, unwearable mess
5. Was anyone against your decision? If yes, how did you surpass it? No one objected, but when I went natural I had to ignore the negative remarks and keep in mind all the reasons I chose to wear my hair natural. Eventually, the negativity faded away as I wore my hair proudly and beautifully.
6. What’s your hair type and How do you manage your it? 4c/4b. I have distinct patches, not all mixed together, so it was one of the first challenges I had to learn to manage. I have a post all about styling mixed textures here.
7. How do you keep your hair moisturized and healthy? Wash regularly, remoisturize midweek, trim and snip knots, keep it protected.
8. What are your goto natural hair products? Are you a DIY fan? Do you have hair goals? I’m not a DIY fan. I’ve used the same products since the beginning. My leave-in. My oil. My shampoo and conditioner. My hair is already longer than I can remember it ever being, so my goals are to just keep it healthy and keep it growing. I stopped doing length checks a year or so ago.
9. How do you style your hair? Currently doing cornrows and missing my fro
10. What’s your favorite protective hairstyle to do? Has to be the halo/crown twist as it is easy to do and hard to not look good in it.
11. Do you use heat on your hair?, how do you prevent heat damage? Not anymore. To prevent heat damage, I used a low setting and a heat protectant spray
12 Do you hairxperiment?, How crazy can you go with your hair? Nope. I don’t have time to play around with my hair, and I get easily frustrated when styles don’t turn out right (that’s time and energy I can’t get back,) but I do like to try different braiding patterns with my cornrows, and I like to test different techniques for stretching and setting my hair.
12. Have you faced any challenge as a natural? Fairy knots. Breakage. Disappearing edges. The usual.
13. How do you manage bad hair days? I plan so I won’t have them. That means long term protective styles or transitional styles. Things don’t always go according to plan, but I can’t remember the last truly bad hair day. Even when I need to throw on a beanie, it’s usually because I haven’t completed my styling rather than it looking bad.
14. Can you share with us your thoughts on natural hair and relaxed hair? Your hair is yours, and not anyone else’s. Wear it however you want but wear it first and foremost for you. If you educate yourself on how to care for your hair properly, you can look good natural or relaxed.
15. What hair rules have you stuck to as a natural? Finger detangling instead of using combs.
16. Can you share with us some pics of you counting your Hair strands? Be creative😋 I don’t think I’ve ever taken pics of me counting my hair strands. 😉 But I really do look like my logo!
17. Where can we find you? I blog at pursuitofnatural.wordpress.com, I tweet @edinPON, I share art @pursuitofnatural on Instagram and pinterest, and reshare my interests at plus.google.com/+EdinPursuitOfNatural. Links in the sidebar.
18 . What do you have to say to the new, upcoming and already naturals? We’re all here to learn and to help. Watch, read, and reach out to other naturals online. Add your story and experiences to the community. Thanks if you already do. Check out my blog and my Dear Newly Natural Me series–and thanks if you already do!
Nominees & My Questions:
What hairstyle took you the most attempts to get right? If you could have someone else do one step in your hair care regimen for you, which step would that be?
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post as much as I did, please take a second to give it a “like”. Share, subscribe, and follow me on my other platforms via the links in the sidebar.